I put myself to bed at 7:30pm on Tuesday night because I had again been suffering from mommy narcolepsy. Let me just detail some of the things during which I have nodded off or fallen fully asleep since the boys were born.
1. Nursing. I cannot begin to count the times I have a) dreamt I was nursing and b) nursed while I dreamt.
2. Church. Warm seat, not moving, sea of white-ish noise….
3. Hair salon. This was not so relaxing as I kept bonking my head on the dryer and being brought rudely back to consciousness. Bonk, bonk, bonk.
4. Dentist chair. The light is so bright, I’ll just close my eyes for a minute….
5. Driver’s seat of my car when I arrived a couple of minutes early to pick up Fluffy from preschool.
6. Movie theater. Fortunately, Kent woke me up after the previews.
7. Getting my push present, Groupon, intense pulsed light treatment for the broken capillaries on my cheek. They zap your face with a hot bright light that burns your facial hairs. It really hurt at first. Then….
Aesthetician: Wow, I’ve got it up all the way. You’re really a trooper.