This Thanksgiving rocked. I LOVE MY HOUSE!!
2. It was so much easier and nicer to have friends cooking with you in a big kitchen.
3. It was so much easier cleaning up in a big kitchen. Having two sinks is sublime.
4. Having two ovens is a must.
6. Giant sectional from Crate and Barrel is the best purchase ever. I haven’t finished the family room by a long shot. Basically all it has is this couch and surround sound, but it is still mindblowingly awesome. This is the Axis II lounge couch shaped like a U with left and right chaises on the sides and three big fat sections on the middle. It’s a monster. A monster of lounging bliss upon which to sing Beattles songs and watch youtube in shockingly powerful surround sound through the TV.
7. We jetted in to the city to see the Trains Exhibit at the National Botanic Gardens. Everyone else was at the mall, so we got terrific parking, no traffic, barely any line, and a great deal of fun. This year’s mariner theme kind of did nothing for me, but it was still fun.
Then we returned to 6 kinds of pie, only one of which I made (pumpkin cheesecake), and then something magical happened. My husband did the dishes so that I could go to the new Hunger Games movie with my friends! I can’t remember a more enjoyable Thanksgiving. It might be tied with the year I got invited to Thanksgiving with the last 6 surviving Shakers at the commune at Sabbath Day Lake. Just a wonderful day where everything worked as intended.
OH! Not quite everything. When everyone arrived, Kent was in the shower (The Prompt had not been heeded), and I was still in workout clothes. But that’s the great thing about having holidays with people who’ve seen it all on vacation with you. They really can make themselves at home while you put some clothes on.