Day One: No new foods tried unless you count spitting out 3 grains of rice. During dinner, the boys sat at the table for 30 minutes with no food consumed. Then Dad came home and took over while I practiced piano with Flufferella. During that time the boys sat at the table and in Time Out for 20 minutes with no food consumed. Finally, we put them to bed. Zhoiks.
Meantime, Fluffers, who referred to yesterday’s piano practice as “torture” (where does she come by these histrionics?), put in some deliberate practice tonight and consequently figured out a few things. Result? “I’m really happy for myself,” she said giving me a big hug and kiss. Darn tootin’, girl.
As for me,
- I just started three very different new students in my voice studio this month, each of whom has a ton of potential. I’m looking forward to working with them.
- A friend of mine recommended me as an interior designer to her sister.
- Our builder has been emailing back and forth with me asking for my transitional aesthetic and customer-side input on his business. It is possibly unnatural how excited I get to talk about things like powder room vanities and Palladium windows.
- I have another supremely exciting real estate tidbit to share that I have to keep under wraps until it firms up. (!)
- Coding class is amazing. I coded something. I truly did.