Try this outing:
Difficulty level: Moderate. With crazy crowds, it can be tricky to get a big stroller all the way around the Tidal Basin. Parking can make it even tougher.
- Check online for dates and times of shows and presentations you might want to see at the steps of the Jefferson Memorial.
- “Free Festival Parking” may be up to a couple of miles away from the Tidal Basin. There is a shuttle, but a big stroller can be an issue. Consider using the metro or springing for a parking garage since the commute adds considerable time and effort to your trip.
- Restrooms at the Holocaust Museum.
- Reserve paddle boats at least a month or two ahead if want to go during the Festival.
- Keep an eye on Bloom Watch and the weather if you want to see the best blossoms before they wilt or get ripped away by wind and rain.
- Consider checking out the fewer but more varied trees at the National Arboretum.
Fluffy Fun Factor (Preschooler rating): Fun-ish. “I think I had fun.”
|Coach and three for the Cherry Blossoms|
|Cherry Blossoms, aka, the day Fluffy went blonde|
|Fluffy proclaimed an 1962 old school soldered wire satellite to be “the coolest thing ever!”|
|The main thing kids remember about this museum seems to be, “the plane with the mouth.”|
|Late night and costume dress for a trip to the circus for Daddy’s birthday|